2 cups dried split peas
8 cups water
2 Tbsp parsley flakes
2 bay leaves
1 large onion chopped
1 tsp dry mustard
3 stalks of celery chopped
1/2 tsp (smoked) paprika
2 carrots chopped
White or black pepper
2 cups potatoes chopped
1 large tomato chopped
2 cloves garlic minced 1/2 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- Place the peas and water in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except tomato and cilantro or parsley. Mix well, bring to a boil again, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomato and fresh cilantro or parsley.
- Season with sea salt if desired.*
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to make a smooth soup.
Mix well and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
* Bragg’s Amino Acids can be used.