- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 and 3/4 cup (1 can) cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopper
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chopped, fresh oregano (1/4 tsp dried)
- 1 cup chopped tomato or 1 can Ro-tel* (unsalted)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
Dry sauté onions, celery and carrot until slightly tender (still crunchy).
Stir in beans and heat.
Add remaining ingredients and toss gently.
Leave out the salt if using a salted Ro-tel. I use unsalted Ro-tel and add an amount I think is appropriate.
This can be served hot or cold.
Substitutions can easily be made. Navy beans or great northern; different kinds of vinegar; increase or decrease any ingredient.