I have been using this recipe for years, and I always get compliments when guests are over. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 2 x 15 oz. cans of stewed tomatoes
- 6 oz. of tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp sucanat or another sweetener
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- cooked rice (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan except the plant milk and rice.
- Put on low-medium heat until sufficiently warmed.
- Use an immersion blender to make the soup smooth.
- Add plant milk and cooked rice, if desired.